MEDIUM RANGE, LIGHTWEIGHT
ANTI-SHIP MISSILE SYSTEM
- All weather capability
- Stand-off engagement ranges for helicopter safety
- Minimum on-task time and fast disengagement to minimize launch helicopter exposure (covert operations, launch on external targeting, short reaction time, fire and forget missile)
- Sea-skimming flight profile
- Fire and forget launch with mid autonomous mid-course guidance
MARTE ER represents the 3rd generation within the MARTE family of missile systems and is derived from MARTE MK2/S which is already in service with the Italian Navy on its NFH90 and AW101 helicopters. The main difference between the two lies in the introduction of a turbo engine in place of the rocket motor.
MARTE ER missile is going to be integrated on Eurofighter TYPHOON and other fast jets.
MARTE ER’s design takes into account that MARTE MK2/S is already qualified and installed on these two platforms. This offers the following advantages:
- Same mechanical, functional & electrical helicopter interfaces
- No platform hardware changes required to manage the MARTE ER missile, only software changes to the Store Management System (SMS) are required to manage longer range performance
- The helicopter, with the new version of SMS software, is able to operate both MARTE MK2/S and MARTE ER missiles
- Same logistic support, in terms of benches, trolley and most handling & maintenance tools and schedule