SPADA 2000 Tweet
GROUND BASED AIR DEFENCE
- ASPIDE 2000 missile
- Area intercept coverage c. 20 km radius
- Well proven in all weather conditions and ECM environments
- Possibility to integrate other lightweight anti-air weapons
Enhanced all-weather air defence system for the protection of sensitive ground sites (air bases, ports, industrial plants, important buildings). Deploying powerful ASPIDE 2000 semi-active missiles, the 20 km intercept coverage of the system ensures that air platforms are prevented from releasing their airborne weapons from short range.
The basic system configuration comprises:
- A detection centre, for tactical operational control
- 2 firing sections (expandable to 4)
- 1 or 2 missile launcher(s) per firing section
Easily transportable by truck, train or by aircraft (C-130 fully compatible), the system can integrate and co-ordinate additional V-SHORADS andanti-air artilleries (up to 10) deployed within a 10 km range from the detection centre. In addition, SPADA can be connected to a higher-level air defence architecture.
The system is in service in Spain and Italy.