SEA VENOM/ANL Tweet
FUTURE ANTI-SURFACE GUIDED WEAPON
- Effective against a wide target set, both sea and land
- Increased platform survivability against defended targets due to stand-off range and two-way data link
- Selectable target aim point for tactical flexibility
- Suitable for a wide range of helicopter platforms including Wildcat, Panther and NH90
- Minimised through-life costs for existing Sea Skua and AS15TT users
MBDA is developing Sea Venom/ANL, an helicopter-launched, over-the-horizon anti-ship weapon system, jointly funded by the UK and French Governments. It is the next generation multi-role surface attack weapon.
Capable of defeating the most challenging target set presented by today’s open water and littoral maritime operations, the new weapon features significant advances on both Sea Skua and AS15TT.
The new design will maintain some of the characteristics of Sea Skua and AS15TT and retain compatibility with existing logistic footprints, thereby allowing current users of these systems to upgrade easily.
Sea Venom/ANL offers:
- Reduced modifications to existing ship storage and handling equipment
- High helicopter load-out
- Minimal impact on logistics and through-life costs