Personal Data Protection Statement
MBDA places great importance on the privacy and protection of personal data.
In accordance with European Regulation 2016/679 of 26th April 2016 on the protection of personal data (“GDPR”), MBDA agrees to implement appropriate measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of the personal data of any data subject from whom such data is collected.
All personal data collected on the https://www.mbda-systems.com/ and related local websites (hereinafter the “Site”) are processed by the entity MBDA of your country (hereinafter “MBDA”, “we”, “us”, and “our”), as the data controller.
The purpose of this personal data protection statement (hereinafter the “Data Protection Statement”) is to inform any person browsing on the Site and/or completing the forms proposed on the Site (hereinafter the “User(s)”, “you” or “your”) about the commitments made by MBDA to ensure your personal data is respected and protected.
Personal data collected
MBDA only collects and processes personal data that is relevant, adequate, not excessive and strictly necessary in relation to the purposes determined. MBDA takes all reasonable measures to ensure that your data is accurate, complete and, where necessary, kept up to date.
We process personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us in the following contexts in particular:
- When you browse our Site;
- When you want to ask us questions about our products / sales or about our activity or make a request to our press team, via the “Contact Us” tab of the Site or the corporate contact details provided in the Site;
- When you wish to apply for a job at MBDA. In this case please read our Data Protection Statement for Candidates for more information regarding the processing of your data and your rights in this regard.
In this context, MBDA may collect and process the following personal data:
- Your identity: surname, forename;
- Your contact details: email;
- Your job application information (the information requested varies according to the country in which you are applying): please read our Data Protection Statement for Candidates.
- Your technical and browsing information on our Site (please see the section below on cookies);
- Any other information you directly and voluntarily provide to us in the course of your use of our Site and in connection with our activities.
The mandatory nature of any information to be completed by you is typically marked by an asterisk in the corresponding forms at the time such information is collected. Any failure to complete that information, or any response MBDA considers abnormal, may result in MBDA refusing (or being unable) to process your request.
You undertake that the personal data you provide about yourself to MBDA will be current, accurate, and complete.
Purposes of the data processing and legal basis
The processing implemented by MBDA pursues specified and legitimate purposes.
Your data may be processed for the following purposes in particular:
- To answer your questions or requests for information;
- In this context, the legal basis for the processing is either performance of the contract if the question or request concerns an existing contractual relationship between you and MBDA, or else the legitimate interest of MBDA, more specifically our financial interest in having clear communications with you and in understanding your needs and expectations.
- To analyse your browsing on our Site and improve its use (see section 8 below on cookies);
- In this context, the legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of MBDA, and more specifically our financial interest in continually improving our Site and in offering you adapted content and an optimal browsing experience.
- To handle your online job application submitted on our Site (including when the recruitment section of the Site directs to another site belonging to a service provider (processor) of MBDA in this field).
- In this context, the legal basis for the processing is the legitimate business interest of MBDA, more specifically our HR interest in responding to your job applications and finding suitable profiles for the positions available within MBDA and compliance with our legal obligations.
MBDA only discloses your personal data to authorised recipients, in compliance with applicable data protection rules.
MBDA can provide access to your personal data to the companies of its group and to its third-party service providers, for the provision of services in connection with the Site and/or the services provided (hosting, storage, analytical, data processing, database management, IT maintenance, recruitment services and security clearance checks) when authorized under local law.
Such data is securely transmitted to such service providers (regardless of whether they are legally acting as a processor or controller). MBDA agrees to ensure that each recipient is familiar with the guidelines on the protection of privacy and agrees to in application of the law and/or of a specific contract.
In addition, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties on the following grounds:
- In the context of a merger or acquisition of all or part of MBDA by a third party, as is hereby accepted by you;
- In response to legal or administrative proceedings of any kind or enforcement measures requested by the competent authorities;
- To comply with legal obligations, protect the rights and/or safety of an individual, protect the rights and property of MBDA, including the need to ensure that this Data Protection Statement is respected and to prevent any technical, security or fraud-related issues.
MBDA only stores your personal data inside the European Union, using hosts that are subject to the GDPR.
The retention period applied by MBDA complies with the legislation in effect on the date hereof, namely:
- For data collected in connection with questions/requests submitted via the Site or the corporate contact details provided: we keep your personal data for as long as necessary to process such questions/requests and, if they concern a contract between you and MBDA, for the entire period of the contractual relationship plus 5 years (in the form of archives);
- When cookies or other trackers are placed on your terminal, they are kept in accordance with legal requirements and the recommendations made by the authorities in the country of access;
- Job application files: please read our Data Protection Statement for Candidates.
MBDA uses technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are being continuously improved in accordance with technological developments.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- A right of access: you have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is processed or not and, if processed, to obtain (ii) access to such data and a copy thereof;
- A right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- A right to erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you. However, this is not an absolute right and MBDA may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such data;
- A right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to MBDA, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from MBDA. This right only applies when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means;
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of MBDA. MBDA may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing;
- A right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority: you have the right to contact the supervisory authority to complain about MBDA’s personal data protection practices;
- For France only: a right to give instructions concerning the use of your data after your death: you have the right to give MBDA instructions concerning the use of your personal data after your death.
To exercise one or more of these rights, you can contact the data protection officers of MBDA.
You are informed that, when visiting the Site, a cookie may be installed automatically on your browser. A cookie is a data block that cannot be used to identify you, but serves only to record information about your browsing on the Site.
Cookies are secure, they can only store information that is put there by the browser, which is information the User has previously entered into the browser or that is included in the page request.
There are two types of cookies, the use and content of which are different:
- temporary cookies, which contain information that is used during your browsing session. These cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. Nothing is kept on your computer once you have finished browsing;
- persistent cookies, which serve to store information that is used between visits. This data enables sites to recognize you as a returning User, and to react accordingly.
- Collection of cookies
MBDA may place cookies to enable optimal browsing on the Site and improved interfacing. When you visit our Site, our web servers automatically store the name of your Internet service provider, the website from which you arrived at our Site, the pages that you visit within our Site and the date and duration of your visit.
MBDA reserves the right to collect your IP address. This address is kept for the same period as the cookies and is only intended to enable proper administration of the services offered on the Site.
|Cookies||Category||Lifespan||Purpose||Source (internal or third party)|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||Necessary||1 year||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The purpose of this cookie is to check whether or not the user has given the consent to the usage of cookies under the category ‘Performance’.||Internal|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||Necessary||1 year||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The purpose of this cookie is to check whether or not the user has given the consent to the usage of cookies under the category ‘Analytics’.||Internal|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||Necessary||1 year||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The purpose of this cookie is to check whether or not the user has given their consent to the usage of cookies under the category ‘Advertisement’.||Internal|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||Necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Non Necessary”.||Internal|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||Necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.||Internal|
|YSC||Performence||This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos.||Third party|
|_gat||Performence||1 minute||This cookies is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the colllection of data on high traffic sites.||Third party|
|_ga||Analytics||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, camapign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assigns a randoly generated number to identify unique visitors.||Third party|
|_gid||Analytics||1 day||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.||Third party|
|GPS||Analytics||30 minutes||This cookie is set by Youtube and registers a unique ID for tracking users based on their geographical location||Third party|
|_hjid||Analytics||1 year||Hotjar allowing to attribute the behavior of the user to his session||Third party|
|_hjIncluded InSample||Analytics||1 year||Hotjar cookie for statistical analysis purposes||Third party|
|_hjAbsolute SessionInProgress||Analytics||1 year||Hotjar session cookie||Third party|
|uuid||Advertisement||1 year||To optimize ad relevance by collecting visitor data from multiple websites such as what pages have been loaded.||Third party|
|G||Advertisement||5 days||This cookie is associated with Eventbrite and is used to deliver content tailored to the end user’s interests and improve content creation. This cookie is also used for event-booking purposes.||Third party|
|NID||Advertisement||6 months||This cookie is used to a profile based on user’s interest and display personalized ads to the users.||Third party|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Advertisement||5 months||This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.||Third party|
|IDE||Advertisement||2 years||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.||Third party|
- Deactivation and deletion of cookies
These cookies are intended to be kept for a variable period of up to thirteen (13) months.
All Web browsers allow you to restrict the behaviour of cookies or disable them in your browser’s settings or options. The steps to be followed are different for each browser, so you should check your browser’s “Help” menu for instructions.
Thanks to your browser, you can also view the cookies present on your computer, delete them one by one or all at the same time.
Cookies are text files that can be opened and read. The data contained inside is often encrypted and corresponds to a Web session so they often only make sense to the website who wrote them.
To change your cookie settings for cookies on the Site, we invite you to click on the following addresses:
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en&safe=on
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
For any further questions or issues concerning our Personal Data Protection Statement, please contact us by email at :