The Power Behind
Bayern-Chemie is the acknowledged worldwide technological leader in the area of air breathing solid propellant ramjet propulsion. Beyond that Bayern-Chemie has more than 50 years of experience in solid fuel missile propulsion.
As the competence center for missile propulsion within the MBDA, Bayern-Chemie develops, produces, refurbishes and modernizes solid fuel propulsion systems for tactical guided missiles.
Bayern-Chemie has significant involvement with the continuous further development of rocket technology.
Its more than 50 years of experience have resulted in unique key technologies for Bayern-Chemie in the following fields:
- Throttleable, air breathing, solid fuel ram jets
- High-performance, double-pulse propulsion systems for highly agile homing
- Throttleable rocket propulsion systems using gelled propellants
- Insensitive rocket propulsion systems using gel-fuels
- Solid fuel gas generators for diverse applications
Bayern-Chemie stimulates technological development for future applications with the following emphases:
- High range and high velocity ram jet technology for use in multipurpose missiles
- Insensitive propulsion with solid fuels
- Expanding the functions and performance parameters of gel-fuel propulsion systems
- Environmentally friendly gas generator fuels
- Stockpile Management
The competence of Bayern-Chemie is internationally recognized due to its participation innumerous programs associated with the development and production of propulsion systems or gas generators for A400M, ALARM, ASPIDE, BLACKCAP, BRIMSTONE, HFK, HOT, KORMORAN, LFK-NG, MEADS, METEOR, MILAN, PATRIOT, ROLAND, SIDEWINDER..., as well as gas generators for the emergency surfacing system RESUS-SOLID, used in the submarine classes 212 and 214. Bayern-Chemie GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of MBDA Deutschland GmbH.
Thanks to a combination of competence and a wide range of technical equipment, Bayern-Chemie is also a capable partner for many other industrial branches besides aerospace and gladly offers as contract services its engineering know-how and its laboratory and testing facilities.